The United States Marine Corps
Chemical Biological Incident Response Force II - Marine Expeditionary Force
Model CM1800 - EOD Vehicles
The United States Marine Corps Chemical Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF) II Marine Expeditionary Force has placed two Hackney EOD vehicles into service for worldwide deployment via C-5 and C-17 aircraft.
"When directed, CBIRF forward-deploys and/or responds with minimal warning to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or high yield explosive (CBRNE) threat or event in order to assist local, state, or federal agencies and the geographic combatant commanders in the conduct of CBRNE response or consequence management operations, providing capabilities for command and control; agent detection and identification; search, rescue, and decontamination; and emergency medical care for contaminated personnel."
- Hackney CM1800, 18-ft all-aluminum body using 3x2 and 2x2 aluminum tubular superstructure and 1/8” thick welded exterior panels
- Robot garage in the rear: roll-up access door on the streetside with bi-fold loading and unloading ramp; 85” headroom in garage using a drop-frame behind the rear axle.
- Cab-to-Body flexible pass-thru
- Freightliner M2-106 chassis: 330hp Cummins ISL; fire and emergency services cooling and brake packages; vertical exhaust; Allison 3000EVS automatic transmission; 275-amp alternator; 12,000# front axle; 23,000# rear axle; remote controlled and heated mirrors; driver and two-man passenger seats
- Class V (10,000#) trailer hitch with adjustable pintle hook
- Extended front bumper with 15,000 lb. winch
- Stainless steel work counter and solid-surface two-man desk
- 44” wide x 70” high x 24” deep storage closet with suit hanger and roll-up access door
- Aluminum 6-drawer tool/equipment cabinet with powder-coated finish
- 40” bench seat in forward logistics center with FMVSS certified lap belts
- Rubberized safety floor in personnel area and anti-slip treadplate floor in robot garage
- Rated recessed tie-downs in floor to secure equipment for aircraft transport
- Multiplexed electrical system
- Isolated body battery system with 90-amp charger/converter
- LED amber traffic warning directional light bar
- Whelen 12vdc scene lights: (2) upper left and right side body; (2) upper rear
- Whelen hi/lo LED interior dome lights
- Whelen LED warning light system
- 32” LCD Monitor over work station
- 8KW Onan QuietOne diesel genset and 1500-watt inverter tested and certified to U.L.
- 30-amp shorepower to body with automatic transfer relay
- Integral air conditioner heat pump system mounted beneath body with sidewall plenums to minimize overall height