LaPorte Fire Department
Model CM2400 - Mobile Command
LaPorte is located southeast of Houston at the entrance of the Port of Houston. It is the fourth largest city in Harris County. The city is one of the few municipalities that are a member of the Channel Industries Mutual Aid (C.I. M.A) which has a membership of 115 companies.
Other than the vast industrial complexes it serves, the city serves a population of over 35,000 citizens, occupying an area of 18.33 square miles. The area ranges from light residential with stables and pastures to dense residential areas with sub-divisions and apartments to light to heavy industrial/chemical complexes.
The LaPorte Fire Department is a combination of paid and volunteer firefighters who operate out of four (4) stations.
- Kenworth T370
- Cummins PX-9 rated at 330hp with 1000 lb/ft torque
- Allison 3000 EVS 6-speed automatic transmission
- Vertical chromed exhaust stack
- 14,600# front axle; 23,000# rear axle
- Alcoa LVL aluminum wheels
- 56 gallon fuel capacity
- Remote controlled mirrors
- Power windows
- National Air Cushion Plus HB driver and officer seat with seatbelt sensors
- 320-amp alternator with (2) Yellow-Top deep cycle gel batteries
- Hackney CM2400, 25.5-ft Mobile Command Body
- Slide-out room in left front of body; 30” deep x 73” high x 101” long. Controller is touch-screen. Floor is flat when extended.
- Fold-down side entrance step with removable handrails meeting OSHA requirements.
- Big Foot stabilizer jacks (4)
- Exterior door accessing rear of electronics rack for simple service access.
- Electric deployed awning on curbside.
- Lonplate safety floor covering - seamless.
- Porcelain surface magnetic marker boards (5)
- Customize aluminum cabinets with powder-coated surfaces and solid-surface desk, table and workstation tops.
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with VISTA color LCD control screen integrated into cab dash panel.
- Textual and visual graphics message display on screen showing doors open; slide-out room extended; camera tower extended; awning extended; ambient temperature, system diagnostics, chassis and body data.
- Chassis and body battery system features a total of six (6) Yellow-Top deep-cycle batteries in the left front compartment with battery separator/isolator; interconnect controller to charge batteries from a single or multiple power sources; Separator logic controller that disconnects two circuits when voltage falls below battery resting voltage.
- 80-amp battery charger/converters (2) permitting uninterrupted operations from either generator or shorepower.
- Whelen 60 series LED scene lights strategically placed around the body
- Whelen 80CREHCR Super-LED hi/low intensity dome lights in interior ceiling with red/clear illumination.
- Whelen UltraFreedom F4N2VLED lightbar on cab roof.
- Whelen 70R02FCR LED warning lights in grille (2)
- Whelen 50R03ZCR LED intersection warning lights on cab fenders (2)
- Whelen 90RR5FCR LED warning lights upper left and right side body and upper rear body
- Whelen 295SLSA1 electronic siren
- Color rearview camera
- Columbia Capricorn FLX Weather Station with monitor mounted on telescoping pole
- CAT5C and CAT6 outlets positioned at all workstations and conference table
- HDMI-Over-IP Extender System
- Barco Wireless presentation system
- Trendnet 8-port Switcher
- Cradlepoint AER3100 Router integrated to LTE model
- Cradlepoint Router LTE antennas (4)
- LED Monitors – (2) 32”; (4) 24”
- LED 55” Smart TV
- Shakespeare Seawatch multi-directional TV antenna with Channel Master distribution amp
- Sidewinder HD IP camera with 20X optical zoom mounted on Will-Burt 8-30 pneumatic mast remote controlled from IC workstation
- Kohler 20KW diesel genset
- 30-amp shorepower to 30-amp automatic transfer relay
- 100-amp shorepower
- (30) 120VAC outlets
- Coleman Polar Mach 13,500 BTU roof mounted air conditioner units (3) with zoned thermostats
- KitchenAid two-drawer refrigerator
- Microwave oven