Oak Cliff Fire Protection District
Edmond and Oak Cliff FPD borders Oklahoma City to the north and sits in the corner of I-35 and I-44.They required a single apparatus that could carry all the equipment required for the diverse responses which the district responds, including trench collapses, and thus selected Hackney. The short 176” wheelbase permits the apparatus to maneuver in very tight community cul-de-sacs and rural roads.
- Spartan MetroStar MFD cab with 10” raised roof
- V-MUX Electrical system with Touchscreen controls
- Vehicle Data Recorder (VDR)
- 380HP Cummins engine
- Aluminum alloy wheels
- 28” extended bumper with two (2) hydraulic hoses reels and trays for two pre-connected rescue tools
- SCBA seats: Officer and (4) on across rear wall
- Vertical storage cabinets behind driver and officer seats: 59”H x 22”W x 22”D with (3) adjustable shelves in each and single hinged door over opening.
- 9000# Warn portable winch
- 10,000# winch receivers: beneath front bumper; left and right side of body; under rear bumper.
- 17.5-ft Hackney Classic body with 11 roll-up door compartments
- Roof storage compartments (see drawings)
- Cribbing storage compartment with hinged doors over opening to prevent cribbing from sliding into roll-up doors (3)
- Transverse storage compartment in top of aft wheelhouse compartments Little Giant ladder.
- Transverse compartment in forward section of forward wheelhouse compartment for stokes basket and scoop stretcher and multiple backboards
- Recessed adjustable shelf brackets in side wall and partitions.
- Integral tool drawers (2) 4” high and (2) 8” high in left rear compartment
- Rear extrication tool compartment.
- Multiplexed chassis and body using V-MUX with touchscreen control panel
- LED TrafficAdvisor light bar
- Whelen Pioneer LED flood lights: (1) front of cab; (2) each upper left and side of body
- Whelen halogen scene lights left and right upper rear body with auto activation
- LED compartment light strips recessed in side walls and partitions
- LED roof compartment lights
- Whelen 72” LED light bar and all Whelen LED upper and lower zone warning lights
- Q2B siren in front bumper with guard
- Hadley air horns (2)
- Whelen 295 electronic siren and bumper speaker
- Color reaview camera
- 25KW Onan PTO generator with 24-place breaker panel in lower left front compartment
- Akron electric rewind cord reels (2) with 200-ft 10/4 cable and four-outlet power distribution box
- 30-amp automatic transfer switch for generator and shorepower
- Whelen Pioneer Led tripod flood lights on rear (2)
- 3.3 cu.ft refrigerator
- SpaceSaver two-bottle SCBA fill station
- Electric rewind air hose reel connected to fill station control panel