Otsego County EMS-Rescue
Otsego County is located in northern Michigan , closely situated between Lake Michigan on the west and Lake Huron on the east. The famous Mackinac Bridge to the Upper Peninsula is just to the north. Having operated a Hackney heavy rescue during the past eleven years, there was no question that the replacement would be another Hackney.
- Spartan MetroStar LFD with 24” raised cab roof
- Cummins ISL9, 450 hp engine with Allison 3000EVS automatic transmission
- 270-amp alternator with six (6) high cycle batteries
- Automatic snow chains (might need these in northern Michigan)
- 28” extended front bumper with two (2) hydraulic hose reels and pre-connected Hurst tools
- Q2B in center of front bumper
- Hadley air horns (2)
- Federal PA4000 siren with two (2) bumper speakers
- Two rear facing and two forward facing rear seats with EMS medical cabinet with locking roll-up door between rear facing seats
- Hackney 19.5-ft heavy rescue body with eleven (11) roll-up door compartments and 24” deep recessed roof
- Drop/Pinch Frame
- 10,000# receivers under front and rear bumper and left and right side body with 12vdc winch power connections
- 9000# Warn portable winch
- Recessed adjustable shelf tracks in side walls of all compartments
- Transverse tunnel in top of forward wheelhouse compartment for stokes basket stretcher and four (4) long backboards
- Transverse tunnel in aft wheelhouse compartment for Little Giant ladder
- Recessed wheelhouse compartment access steps fore and aft of rear wheel opening and access step bar across rear wheels
- Drop-down step platforms in left and right front compartments
- Automatic Deploy Staircase (ADS) roof access. Provides safe access to two 24” deep roof storage compartments without obstructing rear extrication tool compartment. ADS deploys by depressing a single button in under 35 seconds.
- SCBA spare body storage tubes in right aft wheelhouse compartment (9)
- Oil Dry Hopper in right rear wheelskirt panel that hold 80# of granular material
- Electric deploy full body length awning on left and right side of body
- V-Mux multiplexed electrical interfaced with chassis V-Mux. Vista LCD display panel controls all lighting and chassis related systems. Graphical and textual warnings when doors are open, awnings are extended, light tower deployed. Remote diagnostics.
- LED tail lights and clearance lights
- LED compartment light strips recessed vertically at the outer edge of each compartment providing full lighting above and below shelves and trays.
- Whelen 12vdc halogen scene lights: upper left and right side of cab; upper left and right side of body (4); upper rear body (2).
- Whelen PFA2 Pioneer LED flood light up front of cab
- Whelen 72” UltraFreedom LED light bar
- Whelen LED warning lights in all upper and lower zones meeting NFPA.
- 25kw Onan PTO generator mounted in left front compartment to protect from treated Michigan roads
- 125-amp, 24-place breaker panel in face of generator housing facing user for easy access and visibility
- 240VAC cord reels (2) with 200-ft 10/4 cable and power distribution boxes on end of cord
- 120-VAC strip outlets in exterior compartments (3)
- Removable tripod flood lights left and right rear body
- 900-watt MagaFire flood lights on upper left and right side body
- Will-Burt NightScan light tower recessed in forward roof with (6) 900-watt MagnaFire flood light heads
- 3.3 cu.ft. refrigerator
- Electric rewind utility air hose reel
- Hurst hydraulic rescue tool hose reels: (2) in front bumper; (2) upper rear extrication tool compartment
- Streamline couplers on all Hurst reels