Paris Fire Department
Paris, Texas is located in the northeastern corner of the state intersecting US Highway 82 and 271 with a population of over 25,000. They selected a Hackney heavy rescue due to the vast amount of storage capacity with a short turning radius afforded by the Spartan chassis and drop/pinch frame.
- Spartan MetroStar MFD
- 380 hp Cummins with 3000EVS Allison a
- Six (6) seating positions with SCBA seatbacks
- 200” wheelbase with 50-degree cramp angle
- Hackney drop/pinch frame to increase overall storage capacity
- Hackney 11-compartment 19.5-ft heavy rescue body with roll-up doors
- Roof-top coffin compartments recessed below roof line.
- 675 cu.ft storage capacity (excluding roof compartments). Calculation based on actual door pass-thru dimensions.
- Integral tool box with four drawers in left rear compartment (see drawing)
- Plywood storage tunnel over rear wheels
- Storage tunnel in top of forward wheelhouse compartment for stokes basket and backboards
- (2) Heavy duty slide-out tool boards – 36” x 68”H
- Rear extrication tool compartment with (2) pre-connected hydraulic hose reels .
- 10,000# winch receivers: (one recessed behind drop down door on bumper allowing winch to be stored or used from that position; one forward of left and right rear wheels; and one beneath rear bumper.
- 9000# Warn portable winch
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with color VISTA LCD touchscreen controls on cab dash. Screen provides graphic depiction of doors open, light tower extended, speedi-dry comp’t open; all pertinent chassis and body data, including fluids types and capacities.
- LED tail lights and clearance lights
- Led TrafficAdvisor light bar
- Auxiliary upper stop lights with Jake Brake initial alert sequence
- Whelen M9 scene lights: (2) upper left and right side; two (2) upper rear with manual and reverse activation
- LED compartment light strips recessed into side walls of all compartments and roof compartment lids
- Whelen 72” LED light bar
- Whelen M6 LED warning lights in grille, side of bumper and lower body crash rails (one each fore and aft).
- Whelen M9 LED warning lights : (2) each upper left and right sides ; (4) upper rear
- Wig-Wag flashing headlights
- Whelen WS295 siren and bumper speaker
- Federal Q2B on left side of bumper
- Sigtonics 6-place intercom system
- 25kw Onan PTO generator in left front compartment with 24-place breaker panel on generator housing panel for easy viewing and access.
- 30-amp automatic transfer relay to dedicated outlets in cab and chassis for powering from both shorepower and generator
- 30-am twist-lock outlet for hydraulic power unit
- Cord reel in left front compartment with 200-ft 10/4 cable. Power distribution box on end of cable with (4) outlets split into two separate circuits.
- Pre-wiring for customer installation of second cord reel in upper right front compartment
- Tripod flood lights on left rear body (2)
- NightScan light tower recessed in forward roof
- Holmatro hyraulics reel upper rear (2)