Yonkers Fire Department
Yonkers, New York
The City of Yonkers joins New York City, Bronx on the north. The city operates two Hackney technical rescues, one depicted here and a tractor/trailer; a hazmat trailer; and a PD Special Units vehicle . The technical rescue depicted here is specifically designed to handle collapse rescue incidents.
- Mack MRU613 tilt-cab
- 11-liter MaxiDyne, 325 hp engine
- Allison 4500 EVS automatic transmission
- 18,000# front axle; 44,000# tandem rear axles
- Extended front bumper with storage compartment and stainless steel fire service bumper
- 10,000 lb. winch receivers: front bumper; left and right side of body; rear bumper. 12vdc power connections at all receiver sites
- Hackney 25.5-ft Technical Rescue Body
- Shoring tunnel in rear for Finform panels and timbers
- Customized compartments for Hurst airshores, pads and jacks.
- Slide-out table with mounted compound miter saw
- Portable hydraulic powered breaker tool
- Recessed roof with coffin compartments for storage of additional timbers, backboards, restraints and harnesses, etc.
- Full body length awning on left and right
- 185 cfm PTO air compressor with NST couplers
- Electric rewind air hose reel with 100-ft 1” diameter hose with 1.5” claw couplers
- Electric rewind air hose reel with 150-ft 3/8” utility hose with Schrader coupler
- 25kw hydraulic generator
- 24-place, 125-amp breaker panel mounted in the right front compartment facing operator.
- 30-amp automatic transfer relay powering on board outlets for tool battery chargers from shorepower or generator
- 240vac, 30-amp twist lock outlets (2)
- 240vac, 50-amp Hubble outlet
- Electric rewind cord reels (2) with 200-ft 10/4 cable and four-outlet power distribution box
- 900-watt flood lights on upper left and right side body and front of cab
- NightScan light tower recessed in front of roof.
- V-Mux multiplexed electrical system with message center for diagnostics, fluid levels, compartment open warnings in graphic display and textual.
- Whelen LED tail light assembly
- LED upper auxiliary stop light with initial alert sequence activated by Jake brake
- LED TrafficMaster light bar on rear
- Whelen 12vdc halogen scene lights – two each side and two rear with automatic activation
- LED vertically counted compartment lights recessed into side walls
- LED recessed lights in roof compartment lids
- LED ground lights
- Whelen 72” UltraFreedom LED light bar on cab roof
- Whelen LED warning lights in all upper and lower zones around body, side and front of cab
- Federal Q2B siren in front bumper
- Federal electronic siren with bumper speaker
- Color rearview camera