Glassy Mountain Fire Department
Greenville County, SC
The Glassy Mountain Fire Department is located in northern Greenville County, between the City of Greenville and the North Carolina stateline. It sits at the foot of beautiful Glassy Mountain, a peak rising almost 2800 feet above sealevel. Sitting on top of the mountain is a golf course surrounded by hundreds of residences. The fire department consists of 11 career staff and roughly 44 Volunteers. Of the approximately 55 Members, 30 are trained Firefighters, 16 EMT’s, 5 Paramedics, and 4 Emergency Medical Responders.
Cab and Chassis:
- 2017 Ford F550 XLT SuperCab
- 6.7L, 300-hp diesel
- 6-speed automatic transmission with PTO port
- Four-wheel drive with rotary electronic shift control
- Aluminum alloy wheels
- 7,000# front axle; 14,706# rear axle
- 45-amp battery conditioner with 20-amp Kussmaul Auto-Eject shorepower
Body and Options:
- Hackney LR0764, 12.5-ft -7-compartment rescue body with roll-up doors
- Polished stainless steel fenderettes
- Slide-out combination SCBA rack that extends 100% out the left side.
- Four (4) spare SCBA bottle storage tubes
- Tilt-out fire extinguisher compartment for 80 B:C dry chem and 2.5 gallon water extinguishers
- Rear tunnel in rear compartment for 16-ft combo, 10-ft attic ladder and six up to 12-ft pike poles. Tunnel beneath for two long backboards.
- Storage on roof for 24-ft 3-section ladder with roller at rear roof for assisting in deployment and reloading.
- Multiplexed electrical system
- Whelen PLAST3V LED taillight cluster
- Whelen 9SC0ENZR LED scene lights: (2) each upper side body; (2) upper rear body
- Recessed LED strip lights in all compartments
- Whelen Liberty II WC LED lightbar with integral flood ligting on cab roof.
- Whelen LED upper and lower zone warning lights
- Whelen 295SLSA1 electronic siren with bumper mounted speakers left and right side
- Color backup camera
- Vanner 3200-watt inverter with supplemental battery system consisting of (2) Yellow-Top deep cycle batteries isolated from chassis batteries.
- 30-amp automatic transfer relay for dedicated power outlets