Newport News Shipbuilding Fire Department
Newport News, Virginia
Protecting the huge shipbuilding operations on the Chesapeake Bay in Newport News, this rescue will provide a means to rapidly deploy confined space and extrication rescue personnel and equipment.
- Hackney 9-compartment, 17.5-ft body with drop/pinch frame and recessed roof with three coffin storage compartments.
- Freightliner M2-106 cab/chassis with Cummins ISC-300 engine and Allison 3000EVS automatic transmission; 12,000# front and 23,000# rear axle.
- Vehicle Data Recorder (VDR) integrated into VISTA LCD control panel in cab console.
- 62” deep shoring compartment in aft section of streetside wheelhouse compartment with hinged door over opening.
- Spare SCBA bottle storage tubes (12) in aft section of curbside wheelhouse compartment
- Roof storage compartments: - 26” wide x 12.5” deep: (1) 85” long ; (1) 140” long; and (1) 170” long.
- Upper auxiliary brake lights activated by Jack brake
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with color VISTA control panel incorporating warning and scene light activation; PTO activation; fluid levels; diagnostic; and graphical , audible and textual warnings.
- LED tail and clearance lights
- LED TrafficAdvisor light bar
- Whelen halogen scene lights: (2) each side; (2) rear activated manually and automatically by turn signals and backup circuits.
- LED compartment light strips recessed into side walls of all compartments.
- Whelen LED emergency warning light package
- Federal electronic siren and speaker
- Color rearview backup camera