Washington Fire Department
The City of Washington received an Assistance to Firefighters grant awarded by the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA for the purchase of a much needed heavy rescue. This acquisition allows the department to now attain the Medium Duty Rescue Certification by the State of North Carolina for regional responses. Washington sits in the middle of “Hurricane Alley” and finds itself frequently involved in hurricane related emergency responses.
- Kenworth T370
- 380HP Cummins diesel engine with Allison 3000EV 6-speed automatic transmission
- 14,600# front axle; 23,000# rear axle
- 56-gallon polished aluminum fuel tank
- Telescoping and tilting steering column
- Electric windows and door locks
- Kussmaul 1000 battery conditioner and 30-amp auto-eject shorepower
- Kussmaul airbrake charge pump connected to shorepower
- Stuttertone air horns on left and right side of hood
- Stainless steel front bumper with drop-down center section for storage and utilization of portable winch
- 10,000# winch receiver in front bumper and left and right side of body
- Class III/V trailer hitch
- Drop/Pinch Frame providing 40” deep compartment at lower floor forward of wheels
- Hackney all-aluminum body with (9) roll-up doors (see drawings for dimensions and layout)
- Five (5) rooftop coffin compartments – 24” deep
- Ladder storage on roof for 14-ft roof and 24-ft two-section ladders with deployment rollers on edge of roof.
- Recessed shelf tracks in all side walls and partitions
- Oil dry dispensing hopper in left and right wheelhouse skirt panel aft of rear wheels.
- Electric awning full length of right side body
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with color LCD control panel displaying overhead view of truck showing doors open, awning extended, oil-dry hopper open, roof comp’t lids open, light tower deployed; all chassis data and fluid levels; self-diagnostics.
- Whelen 90 series LED scene lights: (2) each side and (2) upper rear
- LED strip lights recessed into side walls of all compartments; compartment partitions; and roof compartment lids.
- LED ground lights around perimeter
- LED taillights: individual stop/tail/turn
- LED Traffic Advisor light bar on upper rear
- Jake brake activation of tail lights and upper auxiliary brake light
- Whelen NFPA1901 upper and lower zone LED warning lights
- Whelen electronic siren and bumper mounted speaker
- Color rearview camera
- Fire Vulcan LED handlights (4)
- 35KW PTO generator
- 30-amp automatic transfer relay powering dedicated outlets from generator or shorepower.
- 2340vac outlet for hydraulic rescue tool pump
- Electric rewind cord reels (2) with 200-ft 10/4 cord and power distribution outlet boxes
- Tripod portable flood lights on left rear body (2)
- MagnaFire 900-watt flood lights: (2) each side of body; (1) rear body
- Command Light tower with (6) 1500-watt lamps and backlight feature
- Refrigerator, 2.4 cu.ft., 120VAC operating from shorepower and generator
- Two-Bottle SpaceSaver SCBA fill station
- 6000 psi DOT air storage vessels (4)
- Electric rewind utility air hose reel
- Electric rewind hydraulic hose reels for Hurst tools (2) mounted in upper rear with slide-out hose roller guides in front of each reel