Placer County Fire Department
Placer County Fire Department has placed a Hackney Air, Light and Rehab truck in service. It is centrally located on the western slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in Auburn. The department serves an area stretching from just east of Sacramento to Lake Tahoe. The truck was designed with a short wheelbase and steep angle-of-departure to handle the mountain grades and tight response areas. A 9-liter, high torque engine was required to insure rapid response up while climbing the steep I-80 and US50 grades ranging from just above sea level to 8000 feet.
- Kenworth T370 cab/chassis
- Paccar/Cummins PX-9 engine with 330 hp; 1000 lb/ft torque with vertical exhaust
- Allision 3000-EVS automatic transmission
- 12,000 lb front axle; 23,000 lb. rear axle
- 56-gallon polished aluminum fuel tank
- Air suspension seats
- Hackney PL0773 All-Aluminum body with seven (7) roll-up doors
- Special accommodations for folding tables and chairs; mister fans; water coolers
- Awning full length of curbside body and width of rear body providing rehab zones and protection from the elements during SCBA refill operations
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with color LCD control, message center and digital information panel on console
- All LED lighting including: tail and clearance; compartments, ground, scene, and emergency response warning lights
- Two (2) Whelen 90-series 12vdc LED scene lights on each upper side body panel and rear body
- Recessed vertical LED compartment light strips
- Whelen LED emergency response warning lights
- Whelen electronic siren
- 40KW Onan 3-phase PTO generator
- Hannay 240VAC cord reels (2) with 200-ft 10/4 yellow cable. Power distribution boxes split into two separate 30-amp circuits for maximum amperage output at 200-ft.
- FRC Optimum tripod flood lights mounted on forward wall of left rear compartment to protect from corrosive road spray in winter months
- Knight Light flood light tower with (6) flood light heads
- Bauer K18.1-20-E3, 25 cfm air compressor with four (4) 6000 psi ASME receivers mounted in wheelhouse compartment.
- Bauer CSFII/3S three bottle fill station with cascade fill control panel
- 6000 psi electric rewind breathing air hose reel with 250-ft Synflex hose