St. Johns County Fire Rescue
St. Augustine, Florida
St. Augustine, Florida, known as “The Ancient City,” is located on the Atlantic coast south of Jacksonville. The City of St. Augustine is the nation's oldest permanently occupied European settlement, having been founded by the Spanish in 1565. St. Johns County has a population of almost 200,000. It serves as a huge tourism destination which includes the World Golf Hall of Fame.
St. Johns Fire Rescue protects over 608 square miles, responding to more than 19,000 calls each year for service. In 2015 the department had 17 stations and employed 337 personnel plus 70 seasonal lifeguards. Equipment includes: 11 Advanced Life Support Transport Units ; 15 Engines; 3 Heavy Extrication Engines; 2 Ladder Trucks; 4 Tankers; 6 Brush Trucks; 2 Mobile Air/Rehab Units; 1 HazMat Response Unit; 2 Mobile Decon Units; 1 Mobile Mass Casualty Unit; 1 Technical Rescue Unit; 4 Marine Response Units; 3 Command Units.
- Hackney model TDD1087, 37-ft drop-deck hazmat trailer
- Drop-deck frame technology that permits low compartment ground height for increased access to the vast amount of equipment stored on board.
- Drop-down ramp on the rear of the trailer permits transport of John Deere Gator ATV or other types of wheeled vehicle. Floor tie-downs are provided in the anti-slip ribbed aluminum interior floor to secure the vehicle during transit.
- 13.5-ft long x 93” wide room in the rear of the trailer provides 80” of clear headroom. The room, other than housing the ATV, is used as an environmentally controlled science lab and logistics center. Desks and bench seating on the side walls fold-up and out of the way when the ATV is stored. A rooftop air conditioner units provide a comfortable environment.
- Freightliner M2-112 tractor
- Cummins 370 hp engine with vertical exhaust
- Allison 3000EVS automatic transmission
- 27,000# rear axle
- 70-gallon fuel tank
- Air suspension driver and officer high-back seats and fixed rear high-back seats
- Frame enclosure with skirt compartments between module and fifth wheel with integral access steps to the trailer roof access ladder and umbilical connections
- Side entrance door on curbside of the trailer to access lab and logistics center. Electric deploy and retract auxiliary step beneath door.
- Roof storage compartments – (4) 120” long x 26” wide
- Electric deploy awnings on left and right side of trailer
- All Whelen LED warning light system and 12vdc LED scene lights
- LED compartment light strips recessed into side walls of all compartments and applicable partitions.
- 25kw PTO generator with 100-amp, 240VAC umbilical connector between tractor and trailer
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system. LCD color control center on cab console with graphic overhead depiction of open doors, deployed light/camera tower and awnings. Scrolling message center.
- LED taillights, clearance lights and traffic advisor light bar.
- Rearview backup color camera
- Whelen 9SC0ENZR LED scene lights; (3) each side and (2) upper rear of trailer
- Recessed LED light strips in side walls and compartment partitions.
- Whelen Ultra Freedom LED light bar on cab with integrated LED brow light
- Whelen LED Warning light system
- Whelen electronic siren and speakers mounted in left and right sides of bumper
- 32” LED television/monitor integrated to video camera mounted on top of telescoping light tower
- 25,000-watt PTO generator interconnected to trailer with 100-amp umbilical connection.
- Hannay 240vac cord reels (2) with 200-ft 10/4 yellow cable connection to four-outlet power distribution box with (2) 5-20R and (2) L5-20R 120VAC outlets.
- Whelen Max Spot/Flood LED tripod flood lights (2) on front of trailer
- Will-Burt NightScan light tower with (4) FRC 1500-watt flood lights and low-lux color video camera
- 50-amp shorepower to trailer breaker panel and 100-amp transfer switch to power trailer systems from generator or shorepower
- WeatherPak push-up pole
- 4.4 cu.ft. refrigerator
- SpaceSaver two-bottle SCBA fill enclosure with 4-bank fill panel and (4) 6000 psi DOT receivers.
- Hannay electric rewind utility air hose reel with 150-ft 3/8 blue hose