Tallahassee Fire Department
Tallahassee, the Capital of the State of Florida, serves a population of just under 200,000, not including a student population at Florida State University of 40,000+ and Florida A&M University of 11,000+.
The new hazmat tractor/trailer will be part of Florida Task Force 2. They also operate a Hackney Technical Rescue tractor/trailer for Task Force 2. These vehicles respond to events outside the city and Leon County, primarily in the Florida Panhandle region, as required requested by Florida Emergency Management.
- Hackney model TDD1387, 41-ft drop-deck hazmat trailer
- Drop-deck frame technology that permits low compartment ground height for increased access to the vast amount of equipment stored on board.
- Drop-down ramp on the rear of the trailer permits transport of an ATV or other types of wheeled vehicle. Floor tie-downs are provided in the anti-slip ribbed aluminum interior floor to secure the vehicle during transit.
- 15-ft long x 93” wide room in the rear of the trailer provides 80” of clear headroom. The room, other than housing the ATV, is used as an environmentally controlled science lab and logistics center. Desks and bench seating on the side walls fold-up and out of the way when the ATV is stored. A rooftop air conditioner units provide a comfortable environment.
- International 7500
- Cummins 370 hp, 1250 ft/ft torque engine with vertical exhaust
- Allison 3000EVS 6-speed automatic transmission
- 56,000# GVWR
- 16,000# front axle; 40,000# tandem rear axles with driver controlled locking differential and rear air suspension
- Air suspension driver and officer high-back seats and fixed rear high-back seats
- Frame enclosure with skirt compartments between module and fifth wheel with integral access steps to the trailer roof access ladder and umbilical connections
- Side entrance door on curbside of the trailer to access lab and logistics center. Electric deploy and retract auxiliary step beneath door.
- Roof storage coffin compartments – (4) 140” long x 26” wide
- Electric deploy awnings on left and right side of trailer
- Decon shower system integrated into trailer with hot/cold water discharges on left and right side. Water will be supplied by an on-scene pumper through a 1-1/2” inlet with pressure relief valve. Hot water supplied through a 240VAC on-demand water heater.
- Drop-down ramp in curbside #6 compartment for deployment of a decon cart. Due to size and weight of the cart a Warn 1000AC winch is installed on the back wall to deploy and store the cart.
- Floor level upright storage of a 95-gallon overpack drum.
- Logistics/ATV storage garage at rear of trailer with full trailer width drop-down ramp for loading and deploying four-wheel ATV
- ATV tie-downs in floor